Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Life, Death and What’s in Between


While reading this, I realized that the analects are indented to be for all, because they talk about something we all have in common and one of the most important points of being in this world, life. We are free to live however we want to, but there are some things that affect the way we do, such as where we are born, the culture we are supposed to follow and all those things. No one can live for us, and there is no one who has the same life as we do, maybe similar, but never the same. One of the reasons is because we are all different, and we all make different mistakes and have different talents or gifts.

We are all here to learn from our mistakes and sometimes even from others mistakes. I really liked 7.22, it said “When walking with two people, I will always find a teacher among them. I focus on those who are good and seek to emulate them and focus on those who are bad in order to be reminded in what needs to be changed in myself. ” I think that is something very smart and respectful to do. Most of the time, the natural thing to do, I think would be to laugh at the one who made a mistake, and not look and focus on what they did so we can be better. That is something I think we all have to work with.

Then after we can be good and find the Way, then there is death. Yes, death. Many are frighten about it, and I believe it´s mainly because no one really knows what’s after it or what exactly happens when you die, but to be able to one day get it, I think is best to think: “May I inquire about death? You do not yet understand life- how could you possibly understand death?” (11:12). This is so logical. To understand death, we have to understand life first, but how are we sure that we understand life before we die? Its and endless and vicious cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment