Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Discipline, Knowledge, Judgments, Infinite Spirits and Mystery Teachings

Teachings continue, they never stop, and it’s probably because there is always something else to learn and there are still many things we don’t know about. Krishna continues his deep talk about discipline and the sacrifice it sometimes takes. Once again we see things start to come up again just like in Gilgamesh, and again, I think that they do this to emphasize things. This time we get to know more about how Krishna feels about himself. He teaches Arjuna about his eight aspects of nature. "My nature has eight aspects: earth, water, fire, wind, space, mind, understanding, and individuality". (73)
Here we understand Krishna a little better, we learn that he is some sort of god and that he is actually someone really powerful. In a way I think Krishna is very selfish, and just wants to make Arjuna feel inferior, but then there are times when it seems to be as if he was just telling Arjuna these things so he can know he can count on him because he is powerful enough to help him in everything he might need.
"I am the universal father...object of knowledge, purifier...I am the way, sustainer, lord... friend, source, stability... I am immortality and death; both being and nonbeing I am". (87)
"Keep me in your mind and devotion, sacrifice to me, bow to me, discipline yourself towards me, and you will reach me!" (90)
We also get to know Arjuna some more, we can see that he is a very curious, but at the same time knows how to listen to what Krishna has to say. An example is when Krishna starts to say: "men who know me as its inner being, inner divinity, and inner sacrifice, have disciplined their reason, they know me at the time of death" (77) and Arjuna, being curious, asks questions to be able to know and understand what he is talking about. Krishna just tells that inner beings are like forces, mans spirit and existence.
Something different, was that this time they started to talk about death and how rebirth can happen but only to those who have been disciplined, but in a way it still happens to everyone else because it’s a cycle.
"without faith in sacred duty, men fail to reach me… they return to the cycle of death and rebirth" (85)"...and by reason of this, Arjuna, the universe continues to turn"(86).

This video mainly shows the story or the relationship between Krishna and Arjuna.

No comments:

Post a Comment