Monday, March 8, 2010

Bhagavad-Gita Conclusions

I actually really liked Reading Bhagavad-Gita, I think it is very interesting and a very important piece of literature. It really made me think and realize that sometimes there are much better ways of doing things and that being in peace with yourself and being able to be disciplined in what you want to do and actually work or have faith and action towards your goal, you will be able to reach it and will have a great satisfaction. I also liked the way Arjuna was able to stick to his believes and what he wanted to do. I think he was a great example of just being firm in the decisions we take. I also believe that this is actually a very inspiring book if it was actually religiously analyzed, it’s easy to read, and even though it might be kind of confusing at some points, it actually does carry a message and I think that message can been delivered to everyone who reads it.

It’s not like I will convert or anything like that, but I do think it is important to know about other cultures and their beliefs, and this does a pretty great job interpreting what the people that believe in it do. Just like reading Gilgamesh, reading Bhagavad-Gita was a good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment